Lobby groups should be banned.

Discussion in '2015 Campaign Spending' started by senior reality, Aug 18, 2015.

Which lobby groups contribute the most money, to which party.

1. gay rights to liberal party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. gay right to ndp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. homeless...oops no money for a lobby group

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. lunchrooms in schools for kids....oops no lobby group

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. abolish the senate, or voted senate referrendum...no lobby group

100.0%
  6. senior income fairness...no money for lobby group

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. senior reality

senior reality New Member

When I watch our political candidates talk, I can place a bet on which lobby group they talked to last.
    We have received no policy, just vague words. It does appear that beyond stating that the other party is a disaster for one reason or another they offer no reasonable solutions. They certainly do not tell us that they will abolish a corrupt appointed senate. They do not offer the voting public a referendum to leave as is, abolish it, or require voted senators. are we truly a democracy when our appointed senators have the power to choose the passage of a bill or nay? Much of that choice is voted upon depending on the senators affiliation to the beliefs of the parties that appointed them.

Two party leaders began their campaign at a gay rights parade...large lobby. Does the government really need to be involved in the bedrooms of the nation beyond being law makers for the safety of all Canadians? The police are correctly in charge of sex crimes. I do not care to know about anyones sexual persuasion, and prefer to accept each person or not based upon their merits as a human being.

In a country where we have unfed children going to our schools, homeless people, seniors that cannot survive on 1100 a month, single parents who cannot afford proper housing and healthcare, toothless maintenance programs that do not collect from deadbeat dads, poor childcare, a broken medical system, is this campaign for leadership, or simply a bunch of politicians screaming " I WANT TO BE THE NEXT LEADER OF CANADA?"